Friday, October 8, 2010

Mandatory Calorie Counts -- A Hug From Jesus?

So, it's Day Two of the Weight Watchers magic.

Good news, I'm not dead yet or starving. These seems like pluses to me.

It's actually kind of amazing how just the beginning of a new chapter in life can bring about such joy and energy. I honestly don't know when I've felt more content and energized in the last couple of months than I did yesterday.

Let's talk about something that is both a blessing and a curse in NYC: Mandatory Calories On Every Menu.

It's actually really helpful when it comes to Weight Watchers. Now granted to figure out points you need not only the calorie count, but also the fat gram count and fiber count, but it's nice to know that the Turkey Sausage Egg White Flatbread Sandwich is 290 Calories (6 points). 6 points for breakfast isn't bad in my book. Couple that with an Iced Coffee (Sweetened with Splenda) and an Apple (1 point) and that's a good meal!

The negative of the calorie count is that sometimes you don't want to know that the Sausage Biscuit with Egg from McDonald's is 510 calories (it comes out to 13 FREAKING POINTS!!!)

Now I'm saying punish yourself if you want to indulge on some McDonald's, BUT I think I'll take the mandatory calorie counts as the good lord's way of pointing me towards Weight Watchers.

Thoughts?

Tomorrow's Topic: Is there such thing as Gay Skinny?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't "Gay Skinny" mean that you weigh less than an Ethiopian Child?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we will be discussing. Why is skinny/fat in many gay men's eyes seem so different from that of straights.

    ReplyDelete